Welcome to Data Saturdays
Data Saturdays is a place for the data community to run small regional events with little outlay or set-up difficulties. Here you can access a set of tools and have open, transparent discussions on how your event should be set up and utilised.
- Provide a website for listing events taking place around the world
- Enable event owners to be able to set up the website and administer it easily
- Administrative tools for event organizers to use when building their site
- Integration with various payment providers for different locales
- Integration with mobile scheduling applications
- Page to list all sponsors and their contacts
- Rating of sessions and events
- Speaker tools
- Sponsor tools
Since many of these things already exist, we just need a way to consolidate them, and make them easy for people to use. To paraphrase Jeffrey Snover, don't build what you don't need to. Concentrate on the things that provide value. Don't re-invent the wheel.
We expect and demand that you follow some basic rules. Nothing dramatic here. There will be a proper code of conduct for the websites added soon, but in this repository:
BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER
If your behaviour or communication does not fit within this philosophy, we do not wish for you to help us.
What can you do?
- We have issues and discussions.
- We would like you to comment on them and provide help and assistance
- We will have code to write and CI/CD to create
- We have no idea what else is required, thats for you, the community, to decide
What this is not
- For profit
- Owned by anyone (Data Saturdays is for and by the community, and will succeed or fail in that manner)
- Holding any personal information
- Associated with any organisation. We appreciate that in general the events we are looking to provide for will be primarily catering for Microsoft products.
Statement of declaration
Following the announcement of the ending of PASS (archived link), this site has been established by the community as a means to continue events under the Data Saturdays name.
We believe that by sharing these resources and enabling community input, we can provide the same level of events that SQLSaturday provided.
You can join the discussion at: https://github.com/sqlcollaborative/DataSaturdays
This site and the repo are hosted in the SQL Collaborative organisation, and are for the community.
- Matt Gordon
- Andy Mallon
- Elizabeth Noble
- Monica Rathbun
- Warwick Rudd
- Randolph West